Google Adsense

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday: "Capture the Pigs!" Math Game

Hi this is Casey from Second Grade Math Maniac! Thank you Lori for letting me share over here today! 


Okay, so my tutorial is for a math game that you can use with kids at home or in the classroom to build fact fluency.

I am constantly reinforcing with parents how important it is for kids to add and subtract fluency without their fingers. They need to be able to focus on what problems are asking of them and not worrying about how many fingers they are going to need. :)

I made a cute game (with the audience of this blog in mind) to help kids practice adding numbers that equal sums of 10 or 100. 

For my tutorial I used the 100 sum set. 

First I cut apart all of the pigs. I used my paper cutter because I didn't have time to cut each pig out individually, I also think they will laminate better this way. 


Second, I glued the instruction page to the front of a large envelope. 


Third, I glued the barn to the back of the large envelope. After they match the sums they will put the pigs back into the envelope or "barn."



Now all I need to do is laminate and let my students practice! :)

Click on the images download these games from Google Docs! You can have the version with sums to 10 or 100.






Enjoy your week everyone! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment