Google Adsense

Friday, June 8, 2012

Toy Organizing HELP needed!!!

Ok guys, so I am very embarrassed to show these photos of my house, but I need help in figuring out a cheap way of organizing my son's toys. Keep in mind, I have been on Summer break for almost 2 weeks now. 

The main problem is, I cannot realistically expect him to clean up his toys if there is really no place to put them or any order to them. I need more storage. This was fine when he was crawling and couldn't get into things on his own, but now that he is all over the place, I really need to get this straightened out. 


Here is the current state of my living room:

 Here is the current storage in my living room:

 Here is my storage in the family room:

The containers are just too big and he never gets to the bottom to play with those toys. I am thinking some short shelves with some smaller containers on them. Please give me any ideas you have. I would also appreciate if you know anywhere cheap to get shelving/storage. I am planning to check Good Will and some yard sales. Oh, I am also looking for a child-size table and chairs as well.

HELP! Please leave any comments below.





1 comment:

  1. Hey my name is Kristianne @ momshappinessblueprint.blogspot.com.I recently found your site. Organizing toys can be a nightmare! First clear out the room of all that doesn't belong.2. Put all like items,balls,blocks etc together.Once you know what you have you can get bins that are smaller.This is also a good time to figure out what can go .Do you have closet space?can some of the toys go in another rooom?Put away all bins except the one being played with.Less mess and not overwhelming for the children to pick up.

    ReplyDelete