Google Adsense

Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Magic Beyond Words: The J.K. Rowling Story" Review

Ok, so Harry Potter is not exactly a preschool book, but I thought other teachers may be interested in this, plus it is all about creativity which is what makes great teachers great. So... now that I have justified my post, I will begin. LOL

I thought it was a good story about Joanne Rowling's life. I especially liked how they showed all the things she imagined and dreamed up for the book and how she came up with it in her everyday life. For example, the goblins in the bank, the liver on the candy cart on the train, and the candles floating. What an awesome imagination! I also thought it was interesting to find out the reason she used the name J.K. instead of Joanne was because boys don't generally read books by female authors.

This was an inspiring story of how Rowling went from being homeless to being a world famous author. I also thought it was interesting how so many publishing companies turned her down at first and how the agent kept telling her that people rarely make any money in children's books. Joanne's determination especially in the midst of so many negative things happening in her life was fascinating. She surely showed everyone that you can truly accomplish your dreams under even the direst of circumstances. And as far as being a children's book, I started reading the first book in collage for my children's lit class and never put them down until I got to the last one. They are as much for adults as they are for children. My mom even told me the other day (The same person who told me the books were satanic) that she is actually starting to like the movies.

I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes the Harry Potter books. Congratulations to J.K. Rowling and all her success!

0 comments:

Post a Comment